Developing capabilities for active consideration of textiles and clothes and identifying their basic visual features. Identifying stylistic features by which textiles and apparel fit into the overall visual and social framework of a period. Accepting the importance of fashion and the changing dynamics of fashion as a powerful agent of change in all areas modern life. Establishing criteria for critical thinking about their own work, as well as for the evaluation of fashion events.
Students are able to implement the various elements that have been used throughout the history of textiles and clothing in accordance to current demands of the fashion industry.
Study program: Clothing technology
Vasilije Kovacev, associate professor
1. П.Васић Одело и оружје Универзитет уметности, Београд 1992
2. М. Васиљевић Дизајн Елит, Београд 1997
3. Jennifer Harris 5.000 years of Textiles Washington : Smithsonian Books 2004
4. Auguste Racinet The complete costume history : fromyncient times to the 19th century : all plates in colour Taschen, Koln 2003
5. М.Фрухт Дизајн од заната преко уметности до науке Београд 1995
6. James Laver Costume and fashion a concise history. Thames & Hudson 2002
7. John Peacock Costume 1066 Thames & Hudson 2006
8. Francis M. Kelly and Randolph Schwabe A short history of Costume & Armour (1066-1485) Dover publications inc. Mineola, New York 2002
9. Mery Fernald and E. Shenton Historic costumes and How to make them Dover book on fashion publications inc. Mineola, New York 2006
10. Richard Sorger & Jenny Udale The fundamentals of fashion design Prodaction by AVA book 2006