The course objective is to introduce students to the concept of sustainable development, environmental protection system, legislation in the field of environment and global issues of environment. Master the course should enable students to understand complex relationships between stockholders of the sustainable development, as well as to point out the necessity of multidisciplinary approach to the problem.
Study program: Environmental engineering
Lectures: Natural resources, Inexhaustible – exhaustible resources, EU thematic strategy as a frame for sustainable use of natural resources, Natural resources and national strategy of Serbia for the accession to the EU, Elements of the environment being regulated, Concepts of integral environmental protection and control; Rio conference and Agenda 21, Conference in Johannesburg, Environmental protection convention, International organizations, EU laws in the field of environmental protection, EU thematic strategies and strategy for accession of Serbia to the EU, National legislation in the field of environmental protection. Global atmospheric changes, Potential of global warming, Prediction of moderate global temperatures, Regional impact of temperature change, CDM change, Systematic connection of sustainable use of natural resources and the living environment, System of national accounts and increase in national income as a sustainable development indicator, Economic indicators
Exercises: During lectures, adequate examples related to the knowledge from the lectures are elaborated with active participation of students.
Bogdana Vujic, assistant professor
- 1.Mihajlov, A., Vujić, G.,Ubavin, D. Odživo korišćenje prirodnih resursa Skripta, interno izdanje, FTN 2007
- López, Ramón, and Michael, A. Toman.Economic Development and Environmental
- Sustainability - New Policy Options Oxford: Oxford University Press 2006
- Daniel B. Botkin, Edward A.Keller Environmental Science John Wiley &sons, inc 2003
- 4, Anđelka N. Mihajlov Održivi razvoj i životna sredina ka Evropi u 95 koraka Privredna komora Srbije i "Ambasadori životne sredine", 2005